Sunday, September 18, 2005

Das Herbstfest | Strasse der Sterne | Zurück zu Dir

Today we celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival, a day where the earth is lit up by the Moon's fullest splendour. It is only on this very magical night that la luna is at her brightest. Tomorrow she will be at her roundest.

Coincidentally, it also happens to be my lunar birthday.

*pauses for applause*

In the eyes of my people, i am officially 21 years old. But of course, i am still a youthful
19! My birthday comes in ten days' time and well...as sherry once told me...

'i'm devastated!'

yours truly is kinda devastated too. It's amazing how quickly time zips past...alles sind fort, nur ich bleib stehen...i feel like this bewildered bystander who sees everything zipping past but who can't do anything to slow things down. sigh...i mean...compare then and now. I feel so much older...and while others my age still have the joie de vivre to show it to the world, i just feel...old. I should be out there enjoying youth, but here i am. I don't know why deep down i am just the serious, 30-year-old me. Being full of nonsense in camp doesn't count.

What the fuck man...suddenly i feel rotten. Perhaps on my birthday i shall pull a johnny knoxville...

'Hello, my name's guojun, and today, i am 90 years old.'

I need to find the part of me which is havoc, young, smiling and wild. Maybe i left it in Deutschland in 2002. Not like now. I feel strangely...burdened and tend to think too much about things. Especially about relationships. Sigh. I guess that's got to be the stink of it all huh? Part of me still believes in the most beautiful dreamscapes, but another part of me is constantly slapping myself, reminding myself to wake up...sigh...was kann ich machen?

My life seems like this Strasse der Sterne - a boulevard of stars - radiant pinpoints of light against a velvety black...well, it also means that these stars, although radiant, are few and far between, yet they are bright enough to light up the entire stretch which i must walk...you can interpret it any way you like. I myself couldn't explain this to you...

And here is something i wrote up...

Back to You

Ich will zurück zu Dir - und ich gäb alles daf
ür
Ich will zur
ück zu Dir - ich steh fast vor deine Tür
Ich will zur
ück zu Dir - Gib mir noch mal 'ne Chance
Ich will zur
ück zu Dir - ich mach alles wieder gut...

Years, Months, Days...Hours, Minutes, Seconds...

I try to find the right words to say to you
Carved our names in the shape of a heart
Walked together - hand in hand...

Remembering the night you went away
Broken glass from the picture frames...

Ich will zurück zu Dir - und ich gäb alles dafür
Ich will zur
ück zu Dir - ich steh fast vor deine Tür
Ich will zur
ück zu Dir - Gib mir noch mal 'ne Chance
Ich will zur
ück zu Dir - ich mach alles wieder gut...

Now i'm standing outside in the pouring rain
Wishing that you were by my side again
Waiting, patient, but all in vain...

Years, Months, Days...Hours, Minutes, Seconds...

I want you back - i'd give everything for you
I want you back - standing at your doorstep
I want you back - All i want is a chance from you
I want you back - A chance to set things all right...


Sigh. Whenever i write stuff it always means i'm in a contemplative mood or slipping into self-destruction again. Maggots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home