Thursday, February 03, 2005

Unfit zu sein | Keine Aufregung vor dem Feier | II: The Queen of Light...

Hallo ihr alle da draussend...ich bin zur Zeit ziemlich unfit...nee...extrem unfit passt wohl besser...wollt ihr wissen, warum?

Artillery is having this formation-level 117-klick relay and...as usual, 24 SA is gunning for victory (yeah like who wouldn't? Unit pride at stake sia...) and so we've been running like...crazy...in the past week...We had this time trial for something like 2.16 klicks (so who does the distance measurement?) and i thought i did pretty well - 8:21 as last taking this morning. Then they made us run 3 x 800m under 3:30...i don't know why, but my bloody legs were killing me. Haha...they said cadet days would be our fittest days...and i think they're all bloody right...sigh i just feel so unfit! I was DYING and about to concuss...goodness, how much they make us run! But i guess it's all for the best...yes i do intend to keep fit...i already heard that Friday is a battalion games day (which means we get to knock off at 1500 but can't go home bleah) so now my schedule looks like this:

Monday/Friday: Gym
Tuesday/Thursday: Life Run
Wednesday: Tanning in the pool (just lazing and turning brown...hahaha...giving people a bad impression about occifers. BOLLOCKS! I want to become bronzed and sunny too...=P)

Yes they say that hard training is the only way and yes, i am an adherant of this statement...i do believe in training hard so that you reap what you sow and then it looks all the more better...so be it that i'm not very proficient at games (yeah i know i got my ass kicked by johnny today at pool) but at least i've trained hard and have something to be proud of too...self-ego-boost? Maybe...haha...

I've discovered something quite strange. Most of us are, contrary to popular belief, not very hyped about commissioning ball, even though it's tomorrow...goodness...how time flies huh? Tomorrow i'm gonna be at the Fullerton (swank factor!) with xiaojun...finally i get to spend une nuit with someone who was close to me yet so far away physically...well...show her a little bit of my life (as if i haven't already been by constantly bitching and being an ass, even though overall i do enjoy NS life...) yeah i mean, show her what i've really been up to in the 23 weeks of pro term...all the fun, laughter, tears and smiles...i hope she'll understand what i've been through and that she'll have a good night...i really do...and at the same time, i'm really thankful for all you've done and for all you've forgiven me...

I still can't figure out why most of us aren't really worked-up about comms ball! Even if it's going to be a really special night with a special someone, i feel strangely...normal. Like...it's something which will come to pass? I wonder when i started feeling so...jaded? Not exactly the word...but it's like...i don't feel sian la. Just feel normal. Hmm. Maybe i'll get hyper tomorrow. Anyway...it's something reserved for tomorrow...and i still have a written test to sit for before i actually go out. Bleah...mean asses aren't they? No lah...after this...NO MORE TRAINEES!

Hahahahaha....Endlich Freiheit...

Also included today is part II...Part I was Umbriel Frost. Part II today is something quite the polar opposite of our Black Queen...Rather, our Queen of Light. What is the significance of the name Ariel? In The Tempest and The Rape of the Lock by Shakespeare and Alexander Pope, Ariel represented light and goodness. Far from an epic work...but i'll add on more parts as time passes. When the story is told and done with i'll bring all the parts together and re-publish it in one x monster post! Which means it should be quite long. Bear with me.

Strangely, Army days are my most productive days. I don't know why...but i never seemed able to churn out things like this in the past.

The Queen of Light...

Deep in the forest, an enchanted glade
A beautiful woman with eyes of jade
A hint of sadness taints her face
Youthful, yes, yet unspared by age

'Ariel Frost is my name - Umbriel my kin.
Pain is her game - my sister's one sin...'

'What she did, I must reverse
To heal the scars and change the stars
She is death, my gift is life
To her night I will bring light...'

One woman made a kingdom fall
A once-revered man at her beck and call
The fallen shall not rise again
Fields of dreams gone down the drain

Ariel sees now all their fears
Hallowed words and her sad tears
'Although Umbriel may be my kin
I have to act; lest she be my sin!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home