Saturday, February 04, 2006

About Outfield and the People One Meets

Hallo ihr alle da draussen. What a fuckly two days outfield it’s been! Sorry for being such a bitch, guys, but I felt that it was really quite unnecessary…don’t you all agree? I mean, so yeah, we go outfield, we deploy, then once we settle into field routine, I have to go around performing the FATEP I tests for individual proficiency. Sigh. Me. Sitting around testing the specs and men on directors, blablabla. Apart from that, there wasn’t an awful lot of stuff to do…but sleep (which I sadly COULDN’T do,) talk cock with the guys, and bitch about the weather.

And yes I was trying to cut down on the fags. Turns up I didn’t use that much anyway. Yosh!

Thank goodness boss decided to let us return to camp at around 8 a.m., so we high-tailed it back to the Xenon Garage, where we conducted the final phases of our FATEP I proficiency tests. Mel and me then escaped back to bunk for a much-needed shower and some rest.

Did I tell you we swopped radars? Means that melvyn and yours truly went to each other’s radars…I think boss is kinda getting affected by robin…becoming a bit space…sigh. It was some kind of fresh exposure to a new team, new dynamics, as well as a slightly different method of doing things. Perhaps taken in a positive way, it allowed me to observe new things and then maybe see if I can get jason to integrate them into his own section’s SOP. That ought to be a great idea…if we had like 3 months left til FATEP. We’ve only got, like, 5 fucking days! Haw.

Lemuel is picking up fast. He’s certainly improved tons since THUNDER WARRIOR…it’s not to say that jason isn’t there…he is, too…both of our understudies have come a long way. The wonders a single live-tracking exercise can bring you! I ran the training by letting lemuel take over the running of the section…I mean, FATEP is like, fucking next week. If not now, then when? I can’t be spoonfeeding them now. Of course, I’ll help where needed, like with the FATEP I evaluations.

Robin is becoming someone I’m coming to detest…a lot, if I must say so…okay, he has experience and all, but well…if you want to be a sidewalk superintendent or something, it’s even better if you’re not there…many people don’t understand the way he ticks. I’ve tried and I must say I still don’t really understand his motivations. I think I only understand about 25% of his intentions. But still. He should go write a book entitled How to Lose Friends and Respect. Sigh.

I also have someone to thank for entertaining me for about an hour and a half ween. Thank you for your advice! Right now, I still don’t know what I’ll like – but I guess I’ll know once I begin my studies yes? And I’ll do my darndest best not to look back and regret. As for jobs…there’s jobs for everyone, yes? Still, THANK YOU. You made my day! Seriously.

CO gave us our certificates of promotion yesterday…strange how I didn’t feel anything. Perhaps I was too tired. Still shacked out from yesterday, even if I got like 10 hours’ sleep. Yawn…it’s a great feeling to concuss!

So now I have 5 more days of outfield before I can disappear in peace, never to return…ORD LOH! *throws 11B in the air*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home