Thursday, December 02, 2004

BATTLE KING | Mein neues Spiel | Abschied nehmen | Mehr zum Weihnachten!

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...heute ist es 2. Dezember, 2004...tonight i will be going to the airport to fly off for BATTLE KING. It will be 16 days of hot (and hopefully, dry) fun in CRESCENDO and hopefully all of us will come home safe and sound, on the 18th of December 2004 at 0315 hours. So here is BATTLE KING.

EX BATTLE KING: Gentlemen, this is what you have been trained for. BATTLE KING awaits just round the corner and whatever you have learned, wherever you may have gone, be it for the TPQ, FAMS, gunnery, GPO, BRO, FOs, or wherever else, here is where it all comes together. It is also a live firing exercise so do exercise caution and care whenever you fire. Lives count on it.

Sigh. But part of me still doesn't want to go to BATTLE KING, even if this is the grand finale of the FAOCC. It's like LANCER. I didn't want to go to SOCJOT at the last minute too. It's this fear of being thrown into an alien environment. I don't know how to explain it too. But it bugs me. Others look forward to BATTLE KING because after that there is only one thing left for us. Commissioning. I look forward to it too and i pray day and night for the day to come faster. I just don't know why i'm not looking forward to it yet. Perhaps i'll warm up when i actually land in CRESCENDO (when it's the cool season, ha, ha...) because then there'll be no turning back.

John came with me to bowl with the Ace yesterday and he said the ball is strong and doesn't look that bad at all, that it's quite cool for it to smell of root beer...but my game has to change. He says it's time for me to convert my release into more like him. So i altered my release now to only give the Ace a mild arc...and believe me it still crushes the pocket. Johnny says it's because the ball doesn't lose so much energy in the hook because my release is now just to let the ball drop off the fingers and not for me to intentionally rev the ball. Now i figured it out. When it's in the roll phase my ball is actually a tri-colour. Funky! Haha.

Now the revs are low so the ball doesn't hook much. Wait. technically, it's that the axis tilt of the revs are low. So it doesn't hook much but rather keeps most of the power for the pins. Wham! Wham! haha. Johnny says to slowly increase the axis tilt until i can play like him. I'm just waiting for the day when i consistently throw my Ace like he throws his Phenom. Make the ball snap. Slowly, but surely...just be patient.

Now, it's time for me to say goodbye to my friends. To all, i'll be gone for 16 days til the 18th. 16 days is a long time. Please take care of yourselves and let no harm come to you as i will do my best for myself. Let's all come home and celebrate Christmas together, okay?

Wishlist! I also want...

1. Nightwish - Once.

Until the return...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home