Saturday, April 09, 2005

Interessante Ereignisse | die Arbeit macht frei...? | Enigma | Project: Cosmopolitan III | Suffering

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...living in the office does have its interesting moments...haha...like last night...when my men were all going out for supper at 2200 (i didn't know they could go out so late) and offered to buy supper for me and Vagen, the BDS...haha...they're really great guys, offering to buy supper...but oh wells. Maybe it was that they felt paiseh that they went to buy supper for their buddy but not for me...i don't know also lah. Anyway...for them...ORD loh. Yours truly however still has a long long way to go...sigh. Cannot ORD! sianz.

Anyway...supper came at 2300...which was really nice...Hong Kong-style fried noodles...haha...i'm such a pig...imagine me eating at 2300! I should have been asleep by then but oh well they wanted to watch The O.C. so...oh well! I was surfing and reading my mail...i couldn't go back to work because the maggerous OA system doesn't allow me to log-in after 2200. Or that's what johnny told me. Hecks. After vagen left i thought i'd be able to read my Anleitungen zum Unschuldigsein and maybe grab some shut-eye but...after staying on the net until about 2345, bumming around and listening to Class 95, surprise, surprise....

My BOSS walked into the TA Office.

Wow...that was unexpected. I mean, you certainly don't expect your boss to walk into the office at 2345...goodness. How would i be able to sleep after that?! I was traumatised to say the least...my Boss is like this terrorist who walks into the office at the witching hour...to catch donno who...haha...liting postulated that maybe he was looking for the toilet...aber...wer kommt zurück ins Büro, um aufs Klo zu gehen? Doesn't make sense, does it? Boss asked me if i was sleeping downstairs...to which i said yes...then he just left around midnight. No questions asked.

I like that about my boss. He doesn't question decisions his officers make. But it's kinda freaky to have him walking around the office at such an unearthly hour...

Another interesting about overnighting in the office is waking up. Again, the BDS will come down around 0700 to the office...which is normally locked since they normally sleep in their own bunks (yes if any senior officers read this, apprehend them now!) And so i will be up and about maybe 10 minutes before they come down...Strangely, i seem to wake up earlier sleeping in the office than in the bunk. That's not to say that sleeping in the office is uncomfortable - i place a matress on the big table and sleep on it and well it sees me to the morning. The only gripe, perhaps, is that because the office is air-conditioned, it tends to be rather drying on the skin and eyes. I've been waking up with dry eyes. Hmm...

Been working my guts out these days preparing the admin instructions for my upcoming deployment drill. Can you believe that i printed about 200 pages' worth of material today? Running between the TA Office, the Ops Room, and the Orderly Room with its photocopier has been tiring to say the least...Some people i'd like to thank:

1. Toby, for lending me the TSR
2. The Orderly Room folks for being nice, polite and very very helpful
3. My battery personnel who didn't bother me or give me sai kang to do...
4. Junjie for the Admin Instruction templates

And so now my admin instructions are done...now they're with boss for his vetting...goodness. I hope that i can do the instructions with as little changes as possible. Hopefully i shall go to the deployment drill with Admin Instructions, Second Edition...that'd be good...can't do too many corrections already, i'm running out of time...what with the upcoming visit on Monday...

And today i escaped early so i could meet my class for dinner. Not bad, the turnout...way better than what i managed...the girls haven't changed much at all. Especially siow ween, ivy, and juan...nothing's changed for these ladies...still same old them...laughing, happy and very prankster...tricked me into drinking a cup of salt water...i was tempted to call them bloody maggots but decided against it. So maggerous! Never mind...take it with a pinch of salt (again...) and laugh it off. They're like that...and i'd hate to spoil a night like tonight.

Okay, given that i don't find the jokes funny anymore, given that i'm not like kelvin, being able to put on a poker face and laugh, joke and enjoy their company in a way which explicitly depicts the enjoyment, but honestly, i did have fun. It was marvellous seeing all of them again. Been trying not to suan them because i don't want to offend anyone - be it if they can take it or not...i never want to degrade anyone (well, except my trainees, maybe...) so oh well.

I think that in ween's eyes, i am becoming more and more of an enigma. One who reveals little...and yes she just talked to me about it...she's confused and a little upset over it...hey girl...it's gonna be okay...just that times have changed k? I mean...you all are still the same old you...but as for me...it's become almost impossible for me to fool around all the time you know...yeah...please do understand...quiet doesn't mean not enjoying/troubled/upset. Yeap. It'll be okay. I was quite touched that you asked me...and yes...i'm okay...sorry if it kinda troubled you...no worries!

Also went for Project: Cosmopolitan III. I mixed the ingredients as the recipe at Bols Cocktails recommended...with fresh green limes this time...and...it turned out...sweet. Hmm. Although the alcohol taste is still very strong, the overall sweetness of the cocktail shows out. Hmm...it's still strong stuff though...well...it has to be, for such a potent mixture of Absolut Citron and Cointreau...hmm...okay...maybe i'll try to replicate this results and make it my Cosmopolitan. After all, there isn't a real benchmark for cocktails...it's up to personal taste.

Finally...my maggerous left foot is killing me by itching like crazy and peeling dead skin as though it were undergoing exfoliation. Maggots! I scratched it until it bled. Goodness. Hope it doesn't drive me hopping insane. Footrot? Maybe i'll Daktarinise it or inundate the aread with moisturiser...ack. Heal soon and quit itching! It's killer!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home