Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Überarbeitet? Unmöglich! Maggerous Scum So beginnt die Böse...

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...after Sunday's DOO (which carried on to Monday afternoon...) i have been feeling seriously overworked and drained. Don't know why...maybe it's because i'm not getting enough sleep...let's see. I slept at close to 0200 on Sunday night (or was that Monday morning?) because i was settling some last-minute stuff like the DOO/DSO reports which had to be submitted by 0700 the next morning. Sleeping in the Ops room is yet another experience. For one, there's air-conditioning. But i guess there's also a huge measure of insecurity to go with it as well because of that little nagging voice in the back of my head worrying about that blasted pager ringing in my ears during my slumber but me sleeping through it...which would amount to...7 extras, i think...

But before all that, let's see. Although the day was spent really quietly (yes a king reigning over a quiet dead land...haha) my day started to get hectic only after 2200. Bollocks huh? It was when i saw the first few botaks coming in to the Ops room to book in before i realised that 'hectic' would be an understatement. Es war nicht eine ganze lange Weile her, bevor eine ganze Schlange vor der Tür stand...It was like Singaporeans queuing for their Hello Kitty toys outside the various McDonald's fast-food outlets when it was all the rage...maggots jamming up my entire beloved Ops room...And not to mention a few cocks who happily came back to camp but forgot to book in. I had people banging on the Ops room door at 2240 asking to be let in to sign the book, only to see me in Smart 4 and to salute.

The book-in time? 2230. Maggots.

This week i'm going to begin doing up the lesson slides for the upcoming trade course; the R&S phase is drawing to a close, and soon they will come to TA battery for their course. It's not a lot - only 15 people, all told, but still. I still have to get my material ready to teach them. I read their theory test and i was petrified. Not at how easy it was. Rather, how lacking i was in the knowledge of the AN/TPQ-36/37 radar systems. It's like i only know the maximum, minimum and planning ranges, as well as the basic capabilities of the radar. Deployment? That's unforgettable la...but as for the TA ops, structure of the unit, and all the nitty-gritty tricks of the trade...or even things like safety distances...can you believe that i've forgotten them?! I shall have to dig them up from my old mountain of notes i got during BTACC...if not...how can i profess to be a radar section commander?! Horrible man...sigh...

Unfortunately, preparing for the course involves getting pictures, preparing and updating slides, and so much more. Dang. I hate the work. Maybe that's why i've been feeling so drained lately. Meine Seele will an die Arbeit, aber der Körper nicht...so i guess i'd rather plonk down on my bed and...concuss. I know it's swine behaviour but i can't help it.

Today i started to show my evil side. Because of the maggerous trade course...

Aus den folgenden Gr
ünden...

1. They were sloppy
2. Can't give 2 shits to answer an officer properly
3. Dropping toggle ropes, beyonets, M16 magazines during SOC...making the AIs become karang guni men...
4. Calling a Staff Sergeant encik (come to think of it i only dared to do so after commissioning)

And many many more...which equates roughly to...maggot behaviour! They are very lucky that...although i did whack them a bit, it was like...how shall i put it...

'A small portion of his skull swiveled to the side to show the boiling blood beneath. A hiss of steam escaped before the vent closed again...' Haha...i guess no one would want to be a trainee under me...as Nishant so obtusely pointed out. Well. Too bad, but i do have to be tough on all of you, my darlings. Haha...

And some news from my uncle: He got my Absolut Vodka and my Bombay Sapphire, after all. Also ein grosses Dankeschön an Dir...will have to return the money soon too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home