Friday, March 25, 2005

Einkaufen gegangen! | Die Gedenken, die ich so schätze | Falsch traniert??

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...happy Good Friday! Today...although i fell asleep at like say 3 am last night...i was up at 0830...actually i got woken by 0745 by my mom asking if i wanted to go for breakfast at Chinatown...i said...are we going to eat dim sum or something like that, then drifted off again...a moment later i felt someone shaking me...so i opened my eyes and saw that it was already 0830...sunrays were already filtering in through the windows. So i dragged my tired ass off the bed, dressed up and went to Chinatown.

On the way, one of my locators, Wee Chong, actually called through to 933...(the car was on that station at the time anyway) haha...i knew it the moment the DJ said his name...well actually because he's a very loyal listener...yah...didn't know that he'd be up that early anyway. Haha...and then he dedicated the next song to all in 24 SA TA battery! Sigh. Dedicate to me on Sunday ma...when i'm the stupid DOO...lol he was shocked that i would be awake that early when i messaged him haha...oh well. It is the little highlights which brighten up one's otherwise dull and uninteresting life, isn't it?

And guess what...I really had dim sum in the end for breakfast! Haha.

Going back to Chinatown's wet market was nostalgic for me. I haven't gone there for years. I can still vaguely remember the times when i'd go down there with my grandmother...but back then i was still in secondary school...there came a time when i didn't want to go to the market anymore, but i guess i decided to go with my grandmother to the market again in JC. I don't know why i decided to do it again, but...it sure beat sleeping in! Haha. Slippery floors. The din of the hawkers selling their meats and vegetables. Catfish piled up on each other, swimming sliggishly in putrid water. I guess the wet market experience is something which one in Singapore should be able to identify with...

Sigh. Everytime i go back to Chinatown, it's like a walk down memory lane. I love that place. I miss it like crazy. Who doesn't miss a particular place apart from home that one spent so much time at, that it could be said that one grew up there too?

Then i went shopping! For glassware...can you believe it? Haha. Got 2 shooter glasses at $0.90 apiece at Tang's (woah...that's seriously cheap, considering we're in the heart of town) and a shaker for twelve bucks...also got a bottle of cranberry juice...means now i can officially make a Cosmopolitan! (The drink made famous by Sex and the City) I'll try it and see how it tastes. Haha...then reuben and me went down to City Hall...where he took me through an impromptu course on wines and the vital liquers one should have to ensure a wide enough variety of cocktails...apparently, blue curaçao or triple sec curaçao are more or less interchangeable...the only factor is the resulting colour of the mixture...so...i don't know yet. It's expensive, though - a Bols Blue costs about 50 plus bucks? Bloody alcohol taxes. Sigh. Hanging out with Reuben is going to have a positive effect on my alcohol taste and a negative effect on my bank balance.

We also talked abit about our problems as we walked hunting for affordable glassware/alcohol...sigh. Giving advice may not be the wisest way...sometimes i guess i'd be better off just sitting there and listening. I guess everyone's different. And i guess that i erred in not being to appreciate the differences between every person. I guess that the belief that i would not sit down and stay dumb when faced by the problems of another was ingrained into me during OCS...it was natural to be proactive and to give your advice on possible solutions. But i guess everyone is different. Not everyone wants solutions. Not everyone wants a pep talk. Some people just want someone who will listen to them. Sigh. I guess that that's a factor which partially explains why although people normally mean well, they often get misinterpreted badly. Life is much, much more complex than a simple set of rules. I mean, you can live based on simple principles, but you also need much, much more to be socially adept. I guess we all have to learn sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home