Saturday, November 19, 2005

Zwischen Traum und Realität

Sometimes, I would rather be living in Strana Mechty (Russian: Land of Dreams) then be faced with the drudgery of weekends at home.

In a more specific order of preference: I’d rather be…

  1. Out with her

  2. Meeting my mei, who I haven’t seen since June

  3. Out with the dudes

  4. Shopping by my lonesome

  5. Lost in a book at some comfy coffee place

  6. Lost in a book at home

  7. Sleeping it off

  8. Playing Grand Theft Auto

  9. Surfing aimlessly / going into screen-saver mode

Unfortunately, today was limited to the last 4 items on my list. Sigh. I find that I’m really very different at home. I’m restless, sleepy, unmotivated, and while not a jackass, but someone who’d rather stay detached from everything. I guess the fact that my mom nags a lot doesn’t help. I guess I’m getting along better with poppa because he doesn’t nag so much. Sigh…it’s not that I want to be an ass, but…sighsigh.

At least yesterday went by better…I met horz, who is finally back after his STARLIGHT stint. We originally intended to meet just for lunch, and then move on to some shopping for myself (I think I really need some new threads) and then home. Well, I did go shopping in the end but I still need pants. Means it’s time for another round soon! Hahaha. Oh wells. I noticed something else too…for horz, who lives just off fucking Mohd Sultan, going to town is just like a walk in the park, whereas for us, we do tend to dress up a bit more…and just as horz was recounting some experience of his, of how this really shoddily-dressed old man turned out to be the CEO of some chain of stores in Taiwan, I noticed that people who aren’t dressed well aren’t really well-received in shops downtown! Is it just me being sensitive (surely he’s already been long desensitized) or are people assuming that those who don’t dress up can’t afford it?

But back to the topic. I kept thinking of a certain someone this weekend. I think it started last night with a dream I can’t remember, but I do remember you coming to mind first thing this morning. And mind you, this you is not the one in the wishlist. It’s someone else. It’s been way too long since we last met…and you seem to have suddenly vanished into another dimension where I cannot reach you. What am I gonna do? Perhaps it’s the very exasperation of being cooped up at home that’s placed a ghostly image of your face in my mind all day. Perhaps.

But perhaps it’s the simple fact that i really do miss you a lot. And I won’t have much time left in Singapore until I fly.

Bah. Halt die Klappe und lass mich schlafen, damit ich von dir träumen kann…

(…shut up and let me sleep, so that I can dream of you…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home