Saturday, October 09, 2004

MILO und SAFARI | Einsamkeit (aber es hilft gegen schlimmes Deutsch!) | Ein guter Führer zu sein

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...Schon ne Woche, oder? Next week i don't get to book out...sadly...because i have two exercises coming up, namely, MILO and SAFARI. What're they?

EX MILO
MILO is basically this FO (Forward Observer) exercise where we have to call for fire...from this mortar battery. Hope i don't flunk...but then i never wanted to be an observer...but wherever you go cadets always get the flak. So...if i screw up i should end up getting royally screwed. Forgotten all my VP already. Muss Wiederholung machen! It's also at Pasir Laba. Hopefully if Delta goes on exercise they'll chance upon me. *shrug*

EX SAFARI
Well, SAFARI is this Arty roadshow all around Singapore where we will be hooked up to the tonner and drive all around Singapore to different deployment grounds all over Singapore. If you're lucky you'll see me drive by with my gun in tow. Don't count on it, though. Still scared of embedding the gun and the drills...the drills! Goodness. That's simply killer la. Action Front! Then deploy deploy deploy...bleurgh.

Anyway, was supposed to meet Kah Yee today but then got cancelled again...Last minute, too...quite sianz la because pple always cancelling wif me last minute...at least Nicole confirmed cannot on Wed and Princess Heidi of the leper Kolonie on Thurs...I think i'm trying too hard. But as they say, you never know without trying huh? Miss my friends...But i shouldn't complain so much, i guess. Like nick said, everyone's social circle is collapsing...

Warum? Weil man einfach zu beschäftigt wird...findet ihr nicht?
Es ist Scheiss, aber...was kann man denn tun? Einfach nichts. Bin schon dafür glücklich, dass man noch versucht...aber es gibt auch nicht so viele Leute, die jetzt noch so hoffnungsvoll bleiben...Ausser den Jungs natürlich...Ist doch cool, ein paar zu kennen :) Ihr wisst wer ihr seid!

Okay lah enough German. I digressed kinda so now back to topic. So it meant that i spent a whole morning and afternoon bumming around in town! Bought a copy of Die Zeit, this German weekly...which is absolutely extravagant at 14 bloody bucks but hey at least there are 7 parts and you can really practice German while keeping yourself informed...Spent 2 hours over the papers. Never spent 2 hours poring over newspapers before. But it's a good experience. Haha...And i still haven't finished all the articles!

Then I went for lunch and then back to the books to read more on Gravity and Grace. What she says in her diaries under the chapter of The Ring of Gyges is that whenever we act, we can always blank out the bad parts of whatever we do. What's worse is that we hate people who are reminding us of that connection! How true. I am guilty of it myself. It's a natural human response, i suppose...who wants to be proven they are wrong, that whatever they've been doing is fundamentally flawed? Wouldn't YOU lash out in anger?

Loneliness does have its perks. A Saturday never seemed so long. As i write it's only 2330. Amazing, isn't it? Haven't been home so early on a Saturday night in AGES. It's a good feeling. To be able to read the papers in town listening to Laith Al-Deen. To mull over the questions and quirks of life with Sarah Brightman and Jam + Spoon keeping you company. And then penning everything you thought of down. Strange, isn't it, how important solace is? But it really is. Although I complain endlessly about the lack of companionship, sometimes i don't need it at all.

Now it's about good leadership...My syndicate has been doing quite well of late...they still leave their things lying around but maybe it's because i've been a poor role model myself. My shoes are all around in the mornings and i only keep them when it's time to move out. I wonder how i can inspire my men in the future like Jeanne d'Arc did. Sigh.

My bowling is getting better...went bowling last night with John and Kelvin...Ave 130...it's stagnating but i think things'll get slowly better. I just want my toe to become okay again. I don't know why it's been playing up especially jialat these days. It's not that I can't bowl. Not that bad yet. Sigh...I really don't know what to do with it la...it's swollen but what can i do? Excuse boots also got to wait.

After SAFARI, i shall get up and go and find out just what's wrong with it. Hopefully it's just a mild infection, and they can do something to remove it. I don't think i want to cut my nail out again. If again they might as well destroy the nail bed because it's causing so much trouble always. Even if i've cut it right! Annoying sia...

Anyway, that's it from me. Bis dann...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home