Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ich hasse es!

What a week.

I am wasted from having minimal sleep over the past 5 days. Let’s see…7 on Monday night (after a totally boring day which saw some equipment destroyed and one very pissed-off joey,) enough on Tuesday and Wednesday, and barely 3 hours each on Thursday and Friday…I am totally wasted. Feel like sleeping the weekend away, then going for my driving test on Monday.

This previous Monday was horrijiber + terrijiber, as people with almost-perfect Singlish will tell you. The first action front didn’t even go to completion because the grounds at Simpang became waterlogged, muddy and soft after a few nights of rain, making a tonner sink, not to mention the trailers. Babycakes (a more faggoty name for rynie) accidentally guided the DGU tonner into a sinkhole, which resulted in it becoming stuck fast for a few hours. I can’t really describe it, but for those of you who’ve been to BATTLEKING ’05, you should naturally understand.

Some ah nehs from the recovery team showed up and attempted to recover the vehicle, but the guy who insisted that it could be towed out must’ve been drunk on toddy. Geez, I wonder what he was thinking. I mean, from the way it was stuck, there was almost no fucking way he was going to tow it out. I was already waiting for the wrecker from 6 DSMB to lift it out. Jeez. Why do they call it a recovery team, anyway? They only helped to ruin the wheel axle on the trailer. Stupid maggots. And this staff sergeant asked mel

‘Sir, you just commissioned ah? Like this also donno!’

Aye, neh, you must’ve been fucking drunk. And even after joey expressly told us not to let him try to pull it out. Jeez. What a retard. And daring to ask us like that. I mean, like, who the fuck are you?!

Thursday was shipment day…a day I’d rather not talk about. Imagine getting up at 0320 and then going down to the garage to prepare the systems for movement to the port. We eventually reached the port just before sunrise, and I was told rather confidently that it’d be all over by noon.

How wrong. We ended at 3 a.m. the next morning.

I was so pissed off…apparently the skipper of the ship fucked up the shipment…which resulted in delays. Also was disappointed by the misbehaviour of a certain someone whom I shall not name…and whose exploits I shall not detail here.

So, as you can see, I have had a totally wasted week. I slept today off. The rainy weather has been really helpful, I suppose. I love cold days. Especially when I’m indoors. It’s just ultimate Sleep-O weather. Don’t you agree?

Unfortunately, this week has been a week of great reflection too. My bunk level has been virtually empty this week – everyone’s been on off/leave/exercise. And it led me to question myself why I was still in camp, why I went for the shipment – surely there must be a limit to it all? I mean, the words which meant so much after I commissioned – pride, commitment, duty, obligation – now they’re really just words. People around me aren’t showing them at all anymore, and it’s eating away at my beliefs. It’s true – who said that a strong mind was all you needed? You’d need an almost iron will to prevent that from ever happening.

What kept me from just disappearing to bunk all day? What kept me at the office? Because I wanted to prove to others that ORD mood doesn’t necessarily fuck you up. And because even if I didn’t feel a particular sense of duty to some people (like the S4, who didn’t show up even as our shipment dragged after office hours, that maggot) but we sure had duty to our friends, our understudies. Keith is really a good officer, and it was good working with him. One of the reasons why I went was to teach him the ropes of it all, as well as help him to de-conflict the movement portion (which was a killer, I must admit…) but it also showed how fucked-up some others were.

People like you. Perhaps you shouldn’t be wearing that black bar on your shoulder. It’s not good for the officer corps, and it’s not good for you if you feel that it confers some form of invulnerability on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home