Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lass mich mit dir fliegen... | Bilder von Dir... | 1. Tag! | IV: White Light Fantasy

Hallo ihr alle da draussend...So, how was the first day of Chinese New Year for all of you out there? Well, my grandmother passed away last year...so we can't go visiting...but actually it's quite okay...things were a bit strange in that our reunion dinner was at my uncle's house at 6th Avenue instead of Chinatown, where i'd been meeting up with all my cousins, uncles, aunties and grandmother for dinner all my life...and at the same time really soak up the Chinese New Year cheer...because well...when the whole New Year crowd is all bustling about 20 floors below you, you somehow get affected too! Walking through the crowded streets on Chinese New Year's eve...even if its just aimless wandering, but i figure you need to join the crush to get a feel of what New Year shopping is like...after all, it's only once a year!

Sigh. I miss chinatown. Today basically we just went to my maternal grandmother's side for lunch with everyone...did some catching up with my uncles and cousins (especially those taking 'A' Levels this year...) and then we hopped down to my uncle's place...terrorised my other cousin who's entering my universe of green next year...figure that next year i'll be mood already...what mood? ORD LOH!!!...Okay still a bit early...And i played mahjong with my parents! Haha...i'm not a swindler...but i won quite a bit...lucky never play money...if not my family would be quite unhappy with me already...maybe next year ang pow money cut...then i 1 x jialat jialat...

Sigh...Bilder von Dir by Laith Al-Deen is stuck in my head...it's a song which is just so heart-warming and sweet...if only you could understand German...it's about pictures of someone's significant other...and how they will last forever and ever...sogar bis in die Ewigkeit...for all eternity...One day i'll translate it word by word, sentence by sentence, just for you...and that's a promise.

The sentence...'I'll fly with you...' Dare you say it to the one you love? It really implies a lot, so much that i myself don't know if i can deem myself fit to say it...The very fact that you said it...what are the implications? You will never fall; i will be there for you. I want to soar the skies with you. I want to set you free, and then follow you to where your heart goes...That much and so much more...Wow. What a sentence. Now i know why no one dares to say it...not even in movies...not even in fairytales.

But if you like some dance/trance/techno, do give Gigi D'Agostino's L'amour Toujours a listen...that's where i heard that line and it inspired me to think...

Anyway...Here's also part IV of my story...White Light Fantasy...Our Black Queen, Umbriel sees something which will shatter the security of her world, a world built by blood, violence and lust...

White Light Fantasy...

The Black Queen sits upon her throne
Mouthing words never said aloud
A fleeting moment, one of absolute weakness -
In her black heart, white light dances...

A mirror, symbol of her vanity
Now shows her as the embodiment of purity
She is white - a being of light
It dawns upon her as her black heart takes fright...

Slowly her world begins to fade
Fading...into an enchanted glade...

Now marvels unfold before her eyes
Birdsong filters down from the skies
A unicorn drinks from a magical stream
The hopes and prayers of a million dreams...

Touched to the depths of her very soul
Umbriel fights back tears - to no avail
'Such purity and peace - Such a thing to behold
A treasure worth more than slaves or gold...'

She awakes upon the cold stone of her throne
From her lips escapes a moan
Her armour, now torn asunder
Within the Black Queen, something stirs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home