Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dankbar für kleine Dingen zu sein...

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...on the car ride back home from my maternal grandmother's side today, my mom commented on how my mentally handicapped sister (surprise, surprise, i bet most of you didn't know that!) has been improving and improving. How she now brushes her feet before wearing her shoes. Or how she can go up to my brother and tap him when she wants to go downstairs but not alone.

I guess that in all my bustling all around and lamenting about how busy i was, or how my boss kept giving work to us, or all the trials and tribulations between me and her, every zenith and every nadir, i kinda neglected my family. It's not that i treat them as non-existent...quite, on the contrary...i do make it a point to spend time at home, spend time with my family, watching TV oder was sonst. But, i never really sat down and paid attention to what's been changing at home. When i spoke of appreciating the little things in life, i could marvel at the weather, marvel at what a beautiful day it was, but i didn't marvel at the place in my life where the most wonders unfold - home.

Sigh. I only acknowledged, but never appreciated it every time my sister tapped my shoulder as she walked into my parents' room, or how she laughed bubbly whenever i carried her. Or how she would take my hand when we went up the stairs. Or how sometimes she'd take my dirty clothes and chuck them in the laundry basket.

I guess one has to learn how to be thankful for each and every little thing in life...to open their eyes and look...everywhere...at home...outside...and...appreciate every little thing which happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home