Saturday, March 12, 2005

Full Moon | Die Zeit und deine Freunden heilen alle Wunden

Hallo ihr alle da draussen...i woke up to a, well...normal, if not early, start this morning...i was up and about at 0630!! Can you believe that? Well, actually my brother had to go to school early...so i got up early so i could breakfast with me poppa too...and then i went home, rested, wrote something in chinese which i can't put up here, and then went out to town with kah yee. I wonder why i was so perky in front of her. Shouldn't i be dragging my ragged old ass behind me? I don't want kah yee to worry over me...hehe...you've got much more things to worry about, sweets...i also gave her my copy of Corellis Mandoline...will get another myself soon because...well...i still want to re-read it! There are some moments of magic which are worthy of reliving again and again.

Okay...not to digress any further, we went to the IT fair today! I had my eyes set on a digital camera from Olympus, i think it was the i:robe something, but then i discovered that it's just highly overrated and i've set my sights somewhere else...ended up not buying anything today, in spite of all the promotions, because of that huge jostling crowd...made a date to go hunting for cameras next weekend. Jie ah...i'll meet you next fri can? hehe...my basic theory shouldn't end very late...in fact...i should be out by around 7 plus? so yup.

Today's observation: No matter how grieviously one is wounded, over time, the wounds begin to knit together and heal. Scars left behind are just a reminder of what's transpired. Das beste Heilmittel für alle Wunden heisst Zeit.

Have you seen the rejuvenation process of wounds healing? Miraculously, the open wound closes and the tissues begin to knit together...slowly, but gradually. Soon, you are good to go again, maybe a little wiser, maybe a tad more cautious, but ready nonetheless. *sigh*...i guess i decided to stop wallowing in self-pity and get up and do something.

I guess that over time, what i'll write about her will gradually diminish until the blog entries become yet another series of monotonous updates on the mundane happenings of my uninteresting life...she still remains in the recesses of my heart...no matter what...and i'm not going to try and purge her.

Oh...recipe time!

Full Moon

4cl Cointreau
2cl grapefruit juice
6cl tonic


Uh...enjoy...i mixed a 1:1 ratio of Cointreau and grapefruit juice, then topped up with tonic...the resulting mixture tasted...really tonic-ky? Bleah. i don't want to kill myself yet mah. But...i don't think it should be too bad if you follow the instructions. The sweetness of the Cointreau should cover the tonic and the grapefruit juice adds a dash of that bitter-sour zest to the entire drink...well. maybe i'll try next time. When tonic doesn't come in cans of 330ml.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home