Sunday, December 25, 2005

All I Want for Christmas

Merry Christmas. Joyeux Noël. Frohe Weihnachten. So it’s the 25th of December today and…what I wish for may be, well, a request. To whoever’s listening upstairs.

mir sind die Hände gebunden, seit 1024 Stunden
ich weiss so komm ich nicht ins Ziel
doch ich weiss auch ich kann es schaffen, wenn Du es willst…

gib mir Kraft in diesen Tagen, für dueses Leben, das ich führ
ich hab unendlich viele Fragen, die ich Dich fragen will
denn ich steh vor deiner Tür…

diese Kriege müssen enden, lass uns Deinen Frieden sehen,
und nimm das Blut von unseren Händen,
lass uns auf deinen neuen Wegen gehn

schenk den Kindern wieder Lachen, so wie es früher war
räch die Armen und die Schwachen
Lass Dich sehn Herr, denn mein Herz weiss Du bist da

verbirg Dein Antlitz nicht vor mir und zeig Dich allen ausnahmslos
denn alles bricht zusammen hier
mein Leid is ohne Dich einfach grenzenlos…

Xavier Naidoo – Wenn Du Es Willst (Mir Sind die Hände Gebunden)

Lost in translation? Part of me doesn’t want to provide you with a translation, but knowing how like 99% of you don’t really understand German, here it is…of course, not as poetic as the German version.

Make that nowhere as poetic. But I’ll try. Hahaha.

my hands have been bound for 1024 hours
I know I’ll never make it as so
but I know I’ll make it, if You wish me to…

give me strength in these days, for the life I lead
I have so many questions to pose to you
so i’m standing at your door…

these wars must end; let us see your peace
take the blood from our hands
and let us start anew

let children know laughter again, as things once were
avenge the poor and the weak
let yourself be seen, Lord; my heart knows you exist

hide your face not from me and show yourself to all, for everything is falling apart
without you, my pain will know no bounds…

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home