Friday, December 16, 2005

The News, in Bits

What a week. Ever looked back and wondered, ‘shit, that was one hell of a week/month/year/lifetime?’ This is one of those times. I can’t believe I’ve spent all fucking 5 days in camp. Talk about no love in the world.

So, the news, in bits:
  1. I hated FIREBALL. It’s the second time in 3 weeks that I haven’t slept for a period of more than 24 hours…so will anyone take up the Subaru Impreza challenge with me? The worst part of it was that the trainees were so fucked up…not to say that they were all fucked up, just the majority…sigh. God help the battalion when they pass out, if there is anyone manning the listening station upstairs.
  2. I hate the RSM too. Oh my fucking goodness. Is there anything wrong with tough training?! I thought that once the trainees passed into any specific phase, that particular battery would be responsible? And, for the record, where the fish were you anyway?! Always arrowing your kah kia to do your dirty work. Don’t think we don’t know. My stand is glass-clear on this: if they do not show us standards, then it’s up to us to give them the standard. If that means them losing a bit of sleep, or having more standbys, jeez, they came out of fucking SISPEC. Let’s not treat them like they just came from BMTC or wherever. On an interesting note, the men had it harder than them. And they’re pissed with their performance. Let’s see where this goes.
  3. I hate the Spec Course too. Especially a certain someone who talks like he doesn’t give a shit to anyone. He definitely doesn’t deserve the chevrons. Especially since he was rude twice after getting his rifle stolen twice too. What a dip-shit. Of course, not everyone is like that…just the vast majority. What the hell.
  4. I cleared SOC! More on that later.
  5. I really need to cut down on the fags.
  6. Congrats to Melvyn, who’s about to be crowned Singapore’s Smartest Boy. Another year, and he’ll be Singapore’s Smartest Man. For getting his early decision to his university accepted. Jeremy khoo and myself had quite a few hoots prodding him about it. Maybe that’s why he passed SOC like 5 seconds ahead of me (see 4.) It must’ve been all that smartness, coupled with the high of getting accepted into university and a can of red bull. Strange the way red bull never gave me wings, anyway. Bah.
  7. I’ve finished reading The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. So…Book 2, next!

That’s about it. The rest is a blur, I think…or things I’d rather not talk about. Y’know…governmental secrecy and all that shite. I mean, of course I can tell you, but then I’d have to kill you, so well.

Aren’t you a fan of ice-cold beer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home